Let our professional clothing tailors help you achieve the perfect fit. From minor repairs to extensive tailoring and clothing alterations, we can help you look your best. Think of us as your very own tailor shop with your own personal clothing tailor!
Our expert tailors know the proper fit for garments and will guide you through the fitting process. Professional clothing alterations can make a well fitting garment a great fitting one!
We provide a wide variety of repairs and clothing alteration services, including but not limited to:
- Business Attire – We provide both women’s and men’s suit alterations, as well as tailoring for other professional items including dress pants with cuffs, and slim-fit dress shirts.
- Casual Wear – From standard clothing alterations such as clothing hemming and sewing alterations to zipper replacement, hole and tear repair, and Velcro placement, our tailors can repair your favorite jeans or jacket.
- Military, Police, and Emergency Services Uniforms – We want to help those serving our country and communities to look their best. Whether you are in need of new patches, or alterations for dress uniforms such as Class A suits, we can help. All of our employees are background checked.
- Bridal and Formal Wear – We have several tailors who specialize in formal wear and fancy dress alterations. From wedding gowns and bridesmaid gowns, to stage wear and prom dresses, our tailors will make you stand out from the crowd. Make a grand entrance!
- Leather and Suede – Whether you ride a motorcycle or ride a horse, our leather and suede repairs are simply awesome. We sew on patches for many local VFW and American Legion Riders groups, as well as cruiser groups. We also offer zipper replacement and repair for both jean zippers and coat zipper replacement. Other leather and suede clothing alterations and repairs are hole patching, snap replacement, shortening/hemming, and a variety of other services unique to leather and suede garments.
- Shoe Repair – Keep the pep in your step with our shoe repair services. Most repairs are undetectable upon completion. We offer a wide variety of services for both men and women, including:
- Water repel
- New heels and tips, including red bottoms and cowboy/girl boots
- Orthopedic work, such as lifts and wedges
- Zipper repair and replacement
- Birkenstock repairs
- Shoe and boot stretching, including calf stretching
Prom and Homecoming Dress Alterations
Many prom gowns and homecoming dresses require professional adjustments for a customized, comfortable, seamless fit. Fortunately, the tailors at Classic Drycleaners specialize in offering a wide range of formal gown alteration options. We can even work with vintage homecoming and formal dresses featuring unique fabrics and embellishments.
Some of our most requested homecoming dress and prom dress alterations include:
- Size adjustments: Gowns and dresses frequently need to be taken in or otherwise changed. Our tailors can use their extensive experience to adjust dress sizes anywhere on the garment while preserving the general design of the piece.
- Hem length adjustments: Do you want your prom or homecoming dress to be shorter or a little longer? Shortening gowns takes an expert touch, especially when it comes to a change from floor-length to knee-length. Let us handle all the details, including the need to hem accompanying built-in crinolines, linings, and slips.
- Zipper repairs: Never let a broken zipper keep you from having an amazing time at prom or the homecoming dance. Instead, trust Classic Drycleaners to repair or replace the zipper. Even hidden zippers in unusual fabrics are no problem for our professional tailors in central PA.
- Strap adjustments and additions: Whether you want to remove, add or adjust straps on your prom gown or homecoming dress, visit us in any of our eight great locations.
Get ready for the prom or homecoming of your life! Visit Classic Drycleaners for superior prom and homecoming dress alterations in Mechanicsburg, Harrisburg, Carlisle, or Lemoyne.
Contact Us Today
Appointments are not required for most clothing alterations, but they are recommended. Please contact a tailor at one of the following locations, should you need to schedule a fitting appointment. If you do not need to be fitted by one of our tailors, you may visit any of our eight locations.
We have on-site tailors at the following locations:
CARLISLE / High St
HARRISBURG / Linglestown Rd
HUMMELSTOWN / Middletown Road
LEMOYNE / Market St
MECHANICSBURG / Simpson Ferry Rd